About this project
This project went through several iterations during the almost 4 years I worked in the Training Operations team of a services and tech startup based in New York. The main objectives were:
- Build a team of field trainers to support the initial training and onboarding of new hires
- Train our best service employees to develop 1-1 coaching, and basic management and assessment skills
By the end of the training, the employees
- Implemented the I do, We do, You do methodology of training
- Developed coaching skills to help their new hires improve their performance
- Evaluated the soft and hard skills of the new hires
- Were promoted to the Mentor role and received a pay increase
- 40+ employees received training and were promoted to Mentors. Many of them went continued to grow at the company and became Field Supervisors, in-house Training Assistants, and Quality Specialists.
- This training program was the backbone of our training Operations. I estimate more than 1000 new hires were trained by Mentors between 2014 – 2018.
We developed a blended learning strategy to train our field Mentors.
- Using video tutorials delivered through our LMS, we introduced basic concepts and steps for teaching, coaching and assessing a new hire.
- Mentors were asked to attend one in-person workshop to demonstrate understanding and put into practice their teaching and coaching skills
- A local trainer attended the first two mentorships the Mentor held to provide guidance and ensure training quality. A visit every 2 months followed.
- Instructional design
- Multimedia content development
- Workshop facilitation
- Video production and editing
Tools (Work Sample)
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Photoshop
“The training program Helen put together was flawless. Helen added structure and consistency that was highly needed.”