New Hire Orientation
About this project
The New Hire Orientation program was the foundation of my employer’s hiring, onboarding and training operations. It was created in order to deliver a centralized and comprehensive orientation program to all its employees in the U.S..The main objectives were:
- Establish a positive cultural experience for new employees by learning about its mission, it’s customer service philosophy and the Good Jobs strategy.
- Deliver information on relevant compliance and safety laws, regulations, performance management and HR policies.
- Clarify expectations about the role, responsibilities, compensation, tech skills, requirements, and ongoing training.
By the end of the training, the employees
- Understood the company’s goals and mission.
- Demonstrated knowledge about core policies, company’s mobile technology, and customer expectations.
- Applied their learnings during a series of on-the-job training sessions.
- I estimate more than 1000 new hires went through New Hire Orientation between 2014 – 2018.
- Each hire received ~25 hours of orientation training during this program.
We developed a blended learning strategy to train all new hires.
- All hires attended a mandatory ILT session. This orientation session also had a digital training component to help us familiarize the new hire with our Learning Management System as well as discussion and activities.
- All hires were required to watch the first 12 videos of the Q Customer Experience Training as part of their initial onboarding. These were delivered via our LMS.
- The new hires were required to attend 5 mentorships (on-the-job training) where they were trained and assessed on job skills and their understanding and application of core policies.
- Those who completed all previous steps successfully were invited for a final ILT session (Final Review) to receive further training and clarify any final questions they may have.
This is only a brief sample of one of the videos I developed to deliver Benefits & Pay training as part of the New Hire Orientation. This work sample was edited in Adobe Premiere and adapted for this portfolio using YouTube. See Tools and Skills to learn more about the original project.