About this project
My employer needed a quick way to train new hires about its complex overtime policy. The key objectives were:
- Explain how scheduling, qualifications, pay rate, and timesheet software use impacts overtime pay
- Clarify current doubts and questions about overtime policy
By the end of the training, the learners:
- Reviewed the company’s overtime policy
- Knew what qualifies as time worked for overtime
- Were able to calculate their overtime hours
- 500+ people gained access to this e-learning module via their learning management system.
This was a side-project considered of high-impact due to the volume of questions received by the HR and Payroll team about this topic. I worked with SME’s in the company’s HR department, to create an outline of what was needed. Additional research was done to clarify latest policy, state-based exceptions (i.e: California) and to compile resources our employees would need.
This interactive work sample was abbreviated and adapted for this portfolio using Articulate Storyline 360, HTML5 and iFrame. See Tools and Skills for additional information on the main project.
- Instructional design
- Project management
- Multimedia content development
- Video production
- Video and audio editing
- Articulate Storyline
- Adobe Illustrator
- Final Cut, Quicktime
- Snag It
- Parallels Desktop
Tools (Work Sample)
- HTML 5